Motto: “Quest for Higher Learning”
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES of the NDDU Graduate School
A Graduate School is the highest goal an institution of higher learning can aim for. It is here where people, in their quest for continuous learning, converged. It is, therefore, imperative on the part of the institution to have a frame of reference on which to build its programs, develop its students and direct its professors. It is for this purpose that Notre Dame of Dadiangas University – Graduate School [NDDU-GS] articulates its goals and objectives through this manual.
NDDU-GS is founded in the Catholic faith. As one, the Catholic Church teachings and doctrines are the foundation by which it offers higher education guided by the school’s vision to produce:
- Christian Leaders,
- Competent Professionals,
- Community – Oriented Citizens, and
- Culture – Sensitive Individuals
While the NDDU-GS promotes the fundamentals of Christian faith, it also strives to make itself the epitome of quality educational institution in the region. This is important if it has to survive and flourish in a globally competitive twenty-first century. The program offerings are designed so that they produce graduates who are updated in their field of specialization, who are keeping pace with technological advancement, who are equipped with research competencies necessary to provide answers to society’s problems, and who are conscientious in the service of the community.
Guided by the school Vision and Mission, the NDDU Graduate School seeks to attain the following goals:
- to develop strong motivation in its students for the continuous pursuit of development in all aspects: spiritual, intellectual and social.
- to promote human integrity, love for the Filipino people, and their culture and love for the country.
- as quality graduate school, it seeks to develop leadership and human resources whose pursuit of responsibilities and development is founded on Catholic beliefs, and
- to develop competencies in research and involvement in community service as well.
The NDDU Graduate School aims:
- to offer programs that provide opportunities for intellectual, social and spiritual developments, all founded in Marian virtues;
- to equip its graduates with knowledge, skills and research competencies and whose conduct of such researches are guided by the teachings of the Church;
- to keep these graduates updated and able to keep abreast with the fast changing society and technological advancements;
- to provide opportunities for students and professors to be involved in community extension services, and
- to provide the provinces of South Cotabato, Cotabato, Sultan Kudarat, Sarangani, and General Santos City, as well as the nearby areas a quality graduate education. It seeks to supply qualified,
- dedicated human resources, well-trained leaders as demanded by this rapidly developing growth areas in the country.
As part of a religious institution, the GS commits itself to provide Christian, Catholic higher education in this area. Its goals and objectives are in support of NDDU mission.