Admission and Retention Policies
Notre Dame of Dadiangas University (NDDU), in general, welcomes students of any nationality religious beliefs. However, the student’s contract with the University is semestral, and therefore, the school reserves the right to refuse re-admission to anyone in subsequent semesters.
1. On the admission of incoming first year students, as well as on the retention of students in programs, NDDU adopts various criteria to include the following:
a. Result of NDDU placement test; and
b. Grades in high school.
2. General criteria on admission retention of students in the programs are as follows:
A. Selective Admission and Selective Retention
The programs given below require a minimum Placement test score for admission and grade requirement for retention in the program. (Refer section XXIV and XXV)
Bachelor of Science in Accountancy
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Programs: Civil, Electrical, Electronics & Communications
Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Electronics & Communications Engineering
Bachelor of Elementary Education
Bachelor of Secondary Education
Bachelor of Science in Architecture
Bachelor of Library & Information Science
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration, major in Marketing Management
Bachelor of Science in Accounting Technology
B. Selective Admission and Open Retention
The programs below require a minimum placement score for admission. Students may be retained in the program without grade conditions.
Bachelor of Science in Biology
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering
Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering
Bachelor of Arts, majors in English and Mass Communication
Associate in Interior Design
C. Open Admission and Open Retention:
1. The programs below admit all applicants and students may be retained in the program without grade conditions.
Associate in Food Technology
Associate in Office Administration
Associate in Entrepreneurship
Bachelor of Arts majors in Political Science, Psychology, and Economics
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration majors in Financial Management, and Business Economics
Bachelor of Science in Information Systems
Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
2. Admission for Transferees: Transferees with placement test of Stanine 1 & 2 will follow the Marcellin Special Program curriculum. The admission Committee reserves the right to determine the unit load of students in this program.
3. For transferees/shifters to board courses:
a. no failing grade, D, W, blank, No grade, or its equivalent
b. G.P.A. of
b.1 Engineering & Education : 2.50 or better
b.2 Nursing & Accounting : 2.25 or better
c. no grade below 2.75 as indicated in major subjects
c.1 Engineering & Education : 2.75
c.2 Nursing & Accounting : 2.50
d. must meet the required placement score
Second courser follow the same admission policies for admission to board courses.
4. The following students are not eligible for admission to NDDU
a. A transferee from another school with records of disciplinary action/s.
b. A student with record of immorality or other grave misconduct.
c. A student convicted of any criminal case
5. The school reserves the right to refuse admission to any student who has
a. withheld relevant information relative to his/her application or
b. tampered any admission documents.
6. Other policies on admission and retention of students in the program have departmental approval.